Mud Logger Resume Example
- Complete Resume Guide for a Mud Logger
- Best Resume Tips and Secrets from a Professional Mud Logger
- Mud Logging Geological Company vs Modern Recruitment Process
- Mud Logger Resume Example (Text Version)
Mud Logger Resume
No need to start from the beginning. Edit this resume sample with your information and keywords from the job posting.
Complete Resume Guide for a Mud Logger
Are there any free resume templates for a mud logger?
Like common applicants, the mud logger can choose a free online resume template according to his will. But there are some details that you should consider when selecting a resume template for a mud logger.
ATS friendliness of the resume template
The ATS friendliness of the mud logger resume will depend on the ability to click the links, the capability of selecting the text, not applying heavy graphics, and the file type.
Accordingly, It is important to discover the selectability and clickability of text, and the status of graphics before sending your mud logger resume. Also, save your job application in a PDF file format because it is a universal file format and no one can edit after saving it.
The resume template color combination
The majority of hiring boards have accused the applicants who select the glamorous and glossy colors for their resumes. Hence try to use a calm and cool color combination that never disturbs the readability of the reader for your mud logger resume.
Clarity of resume font style
Though there are several font styles, we have to use a clear font style for a job application sample. Therefore a set of clear fonts are recommended for resume writing. Among them, we suggest using Open Sans or Calibri styles are better for a mud logger resume.
Enough space of the resume
The one-page is the best resume length though you are a fresher or an experienced mud logger. On account of selecting a resume template with enough space, you can create your resume with a better appearance.
But if you are experienced in the drilling field for more than 10 years, you can create a two-page resume by including your top professional values.
What should a Mud Logger resume header look like?
Geological companies contact you as soon as they select you. Wherefore you have to arrange your contact information in the resume header. Follow the following guidelines to display them well.
Name:- Only mention your first and last name. Never mention nicknames or shorten forms of your name.
Job title:- Refer to the job advertisement well and note the same job title in the advert.
Location:- Do not mention your full address. The city and state are enough to unveil where you are from.
Email:- It is better to bring up a professional email in the mud logger resume.
Mobile number:- Make sure your contact number is personal and available.
Social media URLs:- Sharing your personal profiles with your resume is optional. But if you can prove any of your skills, talent, or ability enter the URLs of your LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, or personal website in your mud logger resume.
Does a Mud Logger resume need a summary?
Social media URLs
No matter what career you want to apply for, you definitely need a good resume to secure your job. This is because if your resume is not finished properly, your application may be eliminated from the job competition after the ATS test or recruiter’s scan.
Sharing your personal profiles with your resume is optional. But if you can prove any of your skills, talent, or ability enter the URLs of your LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook. However, a resume wants a summary. Because the geologist companies tend to examine the resume summary first when they scan your resume. Within these few seconds, they want to know about your top career achievements, excellent skills, and relevant educational background.
At a greater distance, the applicants can enhance the value of their key achievements by using the keywords, formal and relevant verbs found from the job advert. On the other hand, quantified metrics such as amounts, percentages, and years can boost the worth of your resume.
Example from an Expert
Experienced mud logger for 10 years with excellent analytical, leadership, and communication skills. Has organized, monitored, and succeeded in more than 30 drilling sessions with 20 members of the drilling team. Has reported and analyzed the relevant parameters, and used the modern technologies and tools in the oil and gas industry to make the best decisions.
How to write the Mud Logger resume work experience section?
A complete work experience section of a mud logger contains the prior job title, employment duration, oil and gas mining agency name, location, and 3-5 bullet points of career achievements.
As a consequence, check whether you have stated the above information in your mud logger resume as follows.
Mud Logger – 2015/Feb to 2019/Oct
Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation, Virginia
- Created more than 20 final reports with the well documents and composite logs.
- Monitored 20+ members of the drilling team by providing instructions.
- Predicted the dangerous situations before launching the drilling sessions.
How to develop career achievements for a Mud Logger?
The recruiters want to know what you have achieved in your prior jobs. Therefore you can highlight the following facts in your accomplishments.
Make sure you did not mention them directly. Select your career experiences and convert them into achievements. Let the hiring manager know that you are a great mud logger because of this masterpiece.
Furthermore, it is better to attach mud logger specific keywords and verbs in your accomplishments. Further, try to quantify your results by adding years, amounts, percentages, and numbers.
The following achievements can be mentioned in your resume summary, work experience, and even your education section meaningfully.
Mud logger who cares about safety first
As the mud logging unit is full of danger, the mud logger should consider the safety of himself, other team partners, equipment, machines, and tools.
If you can highlight in your resume that you have cared about safety and prevented the circumstances fraught with danger, the hiring managers will be impressed. In advance, try to join your historic experience and achievements briefly.
Here are some protection tips that can bring up with your victories.
- Understood the risks
- Reduced workplace stress
- Used mechanical aids whenever possible
- Wore protective equipment to suit the task
Expert mud logger in equipment handling
Expertise in dealing with machinery, devices, and accessories of the mud logging unit is a primary attribute to be a mud logger. For this reason, you have to provide a quotation for your achievement.
Here are several essential instruments of the mud logging unit.
Mud test kit
Pump rate counter
Total gas detector
Mud pit level monitor
Sample processing equipment
Make an effort to illustrate in what way you became highlighted in manipulating the above tools.
The greatest companion in the mud logging team
Mud Logging is not an individual task. In consequence, each affiliate mud logger needs to contribute to the mud researching process equally.
It is important to engage with the crew professionally when recording the drilling information, conducting laboratory techniques, examining the state of the rock or well, analyzing the drilling parameters such as the speed of rotation, pit levels, and the availability of the oil or gas.
Throw light on your professional engagement with peer mud loggers in your resume achievements.
Resourceful mudlogging leader
The managers who hire you, have a preference to be familiar with your knowledge and scope of the mudlogging field. As a result, attempt to prove the goals that you have achieved based on the drilling process.
To make it easy, you can reveal a situation you have faced or a problem you have overcome according to your awareness of the procedure.
Traveling preferred mud logger
The passion for traveling far from the city, living in the offshore areas is as important as competencies in drilling for a professional mud logger. Consequently, mud logging geological companies tend to select a traveling preferred mud logger as their employee.
On account exposing your craze of traveling will increase the job opportunities for you. Therefore try to substantiate it in your achievements.
Can Mud Logger omit the education section in the resume?
Never! Mud logger has to share his educational qualifications in his resume. Because a bachelor’s degree in geology or a joint degree with geology is the minimum qualification to be a professional in the mudlogging field.
Let the recruiters clearly identify your degree type, major subject, duration of the course, university or college name, and location.
If you want to catch the top among other mud logger applicants, add a line of relevant coursework. Facilitate the recruiters to know your GPA only if it is higher than 3.0.
You can refer to the following list of coursework to mention in your education section.
- Applied Physics
- Mineral engineering
- Mining engineering
- Petroleum engineering
- Petroleum Geology
Bachelor’s degree in geology – 2016
Princeton University, Princeton
- Related Coursework: Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geo-technology
- GPA: 3.42
Does a Mud Logger resume need Soft skills?
Yes of course! A mud logger resume skills section should contain both soft and hard skills. Here are the major soft skills that can be included in a mud logger resume sample.
Teamwork:- The drilling team is a collection of mud loggers, drillers, geologists, wireline operators, and sample catchers. So, the applicants should be a great team worker who assists others.
Time Management:- The candidate should be able to work in the mud logging unit for 12 hours by shifting. At the same time, the ability to manage the duties in that limited timeframe is a challenge.
Decision Making:- As the logging unit is an extremely hazardous location, the applicants have to be prepared to take suitable decisions and risks according to the circumstance.
Organizational skills:- Logging site is a place full of tools, machines, and equipment. Being an organized mud logger will help to continue the drilling process smoothly.
Analytical skills:- Drill cutting analysis, geochemical analysis, petrophysical analysis are common procedures in mudlogging. Therefore, analytical skill is a must to be a professional mud logger.
Where to put Hard skills in a Mud Logger resume?
When you add competencies in your skills section do not forget to mention at least 8-10 skills including soft and hard (technical, industry-specific) skills.
Further, if possible, try to join them with your resume summary and achievements of the work experience section.
Here are some technical skills related to a mud logger.
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to work with modern equipment such as binocular and microscopes
- Knowledge in modern concepts, and technologies like GIS, Geoprobe, SeisEarth, etc.
- Technical knowledge in geology, chemistry, mechanics, electricity, electronics, or computer science areas
Which resume layout is best for entry-level Mud Loggers?
Experienced Mud Logger Resume
Entry-Level Mud Logger Resume
- Awards & Honors
- Clubs & Memberships
- Freelance work
- Volunteer work
Reverse Chronological Resume Format
Combined / Hybrid Resume Format
What does resume objective mean?
The objective statement is the substitute for the resume summary. It is more suitable for the student, fresher, entry-level, or internship mud loggers.
The hiring managers expected to see how you can help them to achieve the official goals of the geological company by using your skills, education, and talent. According to that purpose, you need to give a possible plan of how you can help them briefly in your objective statement
Example from an Expert
A highly energetic traveling mud logger with a bachelor’s degree in Geology who likes to expand the learnings, knowledge, competencies, and skills to achieve the goals of a reputable company in the oil industry. Able to work either day or night in any area of the world.
Best tips and secrets from a professional Mud Logger
TIP #01:- Self-research before resume writing
You may be wondering what is the importance of self-research for a mud logger. But this research is connected with the geological company. In other words, you have to search for the company.
The official web page, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram account of the geological company are the best resources to conduct the self-research. Exactly, the job advertisement also helps you to find out some important information about the company.
Finally, you can understand the dimension, the number of employees, status, specific areas that conduct drilling, and the required applicant of the geological company. Based on that information you can create your mud logger resume sample correctly.
TIP #02:- Cover letter for a mud logger
A few geological companies usually request a cover letter from the mud loggers who apply for their vacancies. But we suggest attaching a perfect cover letter, even though the target company does not request one.
From your cover letter, you can directly address the hiring manager of the company, admire the goodwill and operations of the agency, reveal the reason for your passion to be an employee of them, and communicate with the authorities in a friendly manner.
Though you do not know, a well-written cover letter can change an applicant’s life by achieving the dream job as soon as possible.
TIP #03:- Resume keywords to use
While you are reading the job advertisement you may notice some industry-specific words that represent the objects, people, procedures, skills, and qualifications connected with a mud logger. They are the keywords.
What is the importance of keywords? They directly affect your job opportunity. Because during the ATS test the Applicant Tracking System filters the resumes based on these keywords. So applying the relevant key terms in your resume will help you to gain the job opportunity as soon.
Here we have highlighted the key terms of the following sample job advertisement.
TIP #04:- Mud logger resume action verbs
Though the action verbs are common verbs, they are very specific to the mudlogging processes and actions. The job advert is the best place to find out the suitable verbs for a mud logger.
Why action verbs? If you start your achievements from a relevant action verb and if you apply those verbs in your resume summary, the worth of your resume will be enhanced.
You can refer to the following job advertisement to understand the fitting verbs for a mud logger.
Oil and Gas Mining Agencies vs Modern Recruitment Process
The majority of oil and gas mining agencies usually call the job vacancy through their official webpage or other job posting website.
Then the applicants submit their resumes online.
When the agencies receive the applications they store them in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and let the system to filter out the top resumes from the bulk of applications.
The ATS searches whether the resumes contain the required skills and qualifications. Then give scores. Based on the marks the system selects the top resumes at the end.
The board of authorities who are ready to hire the applicants, scan the top resumes, and select the best resumes for the interview.
Finally, the most suitable mud logger is selected in the interview.
Therefore understand the importance of your resume and try to add the most relevant and best values to your resume.
Mud logger's average Salary
Usually, a mud logger can earn a median salary. As an amount, the wage of a mud logger per year is $40,965.
If the job advertisement requests you to mention your salary expectation state a fair and believable amount in your resume. Otherwise never insert your salary expectation to your mud logger resume.
Mud Logger Resume Sample (Text Version)
+(310) 125 4568
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/eliascamron
An energetic travelable mud logger with the ability to work either day or night during the 10 years of experience. Holds a bachelor’s degree in geology. Has organized, monitored, and succeeded more than 50 drilling sessions with the knowledge of modern technologies, concepts, and devices related to the oil industry.
Mud Logger – 2018/Jan to Present
Amplify Energy Corporation, New Mexico
- Recorded all parameters such as drilling, mud, and gas in every session.
- Analyzed the relevant parameters and organized the drilling sessions.
- Monitored 15 members of the drilling team by providing decisions and instructions.
Mud Logger – 2014/Mar – 2017/Dec
Black Stone Minerals LP, Pennsylvania
- Ensured the safety of the drilling team by predicting dangerous situations like over-pressured formations.
- Prepared more than 20 final reports, composite logs, and well documentations.
- Evaluated complex data in detail by using various laboratory techniques for signs of oil or gas
Mud Logger – 2010/Feb – 2014/Jan
Houston American Energy Corporation, Georgia
- Monitored the computer recordings of more than 20 drilling sessions.
- Led a drilling team of 20 members by giving the relevant instructions.
- Operated different gas systems like Total Gas Detector and Shimadzu.
- Prepared and submitted all reports after the drilling session.
Bachelor’s degree in geology – 2007/Oct to 2009/Dec
Stanford University, Stanford
- Coursework: Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geotechnology
- GPA: 3.35
- Computer Proficiency
- Communication skills
- Decision making
- Interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking
- Action planning
- Availability of traveling anywhere
- Technical knowledge in geology
English – Native Speaker
German – B2
French – Working Knowledge
More sample job descriptions for Mud Loggers
Entry-level Mud Logger
- Participated in the ‘Mud Logging Operations’ of five days of practical training and trained under experienced professionals.
- Followed the online Mud Logging training course conducted by the Society of Petroleum Engineers.
- Published more than 10 articles on earth sciences as a member of the Association of Earth Science Editors (AESE) since 2016.
- Got the membership of the Geological Society of America (GSA) in 2015.
- Attended more than five meetings of the Geological Society of America science 2015.
- Collected more knowledge by participating in the 3rd Annual Congress on Soil, Plant, and Water Sciences.
- Expert in Microsoft Office package.
- Completed a bachelor’s degree in Geophysics 5 months ago.
- Worked for 5 months as a volunteer mud logger for Horizon Well Logging company in California.
- Communicated in French, German, Arabic, and Russian for the working purpose same as native English language.
Junior Mud Logger
- Assisted the senior mud loggers to calculate the mud circulation rates.
- Delivered the collected samples to the geological analysis and gas chromatography.
- Used the Microsoft Office package to store and retrieve the data collected from the drilling operations.
- Checked the daily reports twice before submitting them to the Petroleum Geologist.
- Collaborated and assisted the staff geologist of the major oil companies during the drilling session.
- Compiled the clients’ reports by recording multiple drilling parameters.
- Interacted with the peer mud loggers, operator geologists, and engineers closely.
- Utilized and maintained the gas detection equipment relevantly.
- Managed the company software such as AcquireIt and LogIt.
- Practiced to perform sample quality-control and documentation by engaging with the senior mud loggers.
- Helped the senior mud loggers to prepare daily and final geological reports.
- Examined the well-logs, maps of the wells, and geological reports before and after each drilling session.
- Enhanced the safety of the drilling process by interpreting the well-logs previously.
Senior Mud logger
- Packed the sets of mud samples by dividing them into the correct portions after washed and screened them.
- Reported the drilling information to the company geologists and on-site supervisors daily.
- Took more than 10 samples from the drilling location per day.
- Entered the relevant and correct drilling information to the computer system while collecting the samples.
- Ensured the safety of the drilling information by monitoring and interpreting them daily.
- Supervised and monitored more than 20 entry-level mud loggers by providing the correct information and instruction of drilling and analyzing procedures.
- Maintained the no-site systems by repairing the system and performing the calibrations periodically.
- Engaged with the customers in a friendly manner by providing high quality and user-friendly reports and mud logs.
- Identified and explained the lithologies of cuttings by collecting the cuttings samples.
- Monitored the well before and after the drilling sessions.
- Ensured the state of the drilling equipment and tools by repairing and maintaining them.
- Tested the presence of the hydrocarbons more than 10 times appropriately.
- Checked and monitored the gas chromatographer in more than 20 gas drilling sessions.
Congratulations. Now you know how to build your Mud Logger resume. Want to start building now? Click the below button
Help Cresuma cover the server and other costes to continue this 100% Free Service. Show your support below.